I did it!! yes I did!!

I resigned at 11.00am today!!

I then had a meeting with my manager for an hour afterwards with him trying to convince me to rethink it and stay 🙂

Funny that during that hour – only more promises were given about how things are going to change and I should wait – blah blah blah….

I am sick of promises, if you want to keep me so much, then show me that…stop giving me empty words.

My manager just came over and told me not to tell any of my advisers as well as he doesn’t even know what he is going to do about me leaving so doesn’t want to start a panic……yeah….um…not my problem 😀

I feel sick and nervous and excited and freaking out and OMG I JUST RESIGNED!!!!!!

Didn’t get it :/

Well I didn’t get the role, although I knew that an hour before my actual discussion was meant to take place. The person who got it told a friend of mine and she told me…so much for her not telling people….

The feedback was that I didn’t have enough experience in presenting to groups…well I didn’t make that obvious enough in the interview…

So two weeks ago I was apparently, fabulous and only missed out by a narrow margin, and this time….you gave the job to someone who has multiple complaints against them, is known for being lazy and unapproachable and is considered by her manager to be too immature to even hold her current position…..but yes, lets give her a promotion…

If anyone else had gotten the position I would have been ok with missing out as I could see the benefit I am sure….but just not for the one who did get it…

Sounds like I am whinging doesn’t it?  Oh well…

On the flip side i spoke to my soon to be ex manager about my resignation date and what effect my two weeks of annual leave would have given I have to provide 4 weeks notice, but for the middle two weeks I am on AL.  he advised I need to be prepared for them to tell me not to come back to the office after my initial week, they may just pay me out for the other 3 weeks….I am prepared and willing for that to be the case.

The date is set at the moment to the 25th November…..should everything fall into place and they not change the dates of our end of year payments and we don’t get told we have to re-apply (that is still in question) I am going to hand it in.

I waited for my Long Service Leave and I waited for my bonus.  I am done.

final scores, rocking the boat, wasting ur time and energy

What an eventful day, I have an appointment tomorrow morning for the job I applied for – to be told whether I got the job or not, I am leaning on the “not” side considering some information I have been gathering on the side.

I also had a catch up with my soon to be new manager who advised we are not going to have to re-apply – HOWEVER – that is based on how we integrate over the next few weeks.  If we don’t put in effort and help as much as possible there is a chance they will open up recruitment to get people into the roles who do want to be there….whether that is true or not and they are just using that as an excuse for the next few weeks to cover their butts whilst they organise the redeployment for us…I don’t know…but I am not holding my breathe for us keeping our jobs….So I took that to mean – don’t rock the boat or you are out….harsh?  maybe?

I also found out what my final score for my review was and I have to say I am a little pissed.  Not at my score neccessarily, although that is bad, i am more angry that in my final review I asked my team leader to change some ratings and update some info….I had though the 5 changes would have bumped my score up…I highly doubt whether anything changed though, as I never heard from him again after that discussion.  So not only am I working my arse off providing great service and ensuring I get through as much as possible, I am no better than someone who comes in, causes drama, makes errors and is generally not giving a crap about their jobs.  What is funnier is that this year I would have actually been in the upper brackets had they not changed the system on us….had they gone of my actual performance….

So, back to being in limbo land….do I hang around and see if they offer us re-application – at least for a month or so, or do I just bite the bullet, tell them to get fucked and walk out with my bonus and long service leave….

Is my sanity and self worth more than the money I will get from possibly getting asked to reapply in the next few months?

I will think about it tonight, I have to hang around until at least 24th November (the date our bonus gets paid) so if I resign at that point I will have 4 weeks to find a job – ANY job to get me through…..

Time for an update

It has been a while since I posted, in all honesty I just haven’t felt like writing.  I am annoyed with too many things that if I think of writing about them I get all angry and it will be a bad post 😀

I am still annoyed about a lot of things, but honestly they are just not worth my effort…

On a brighter side, I don’t have to have second interview for the L and D role I applied for – again….interviews are happening next week though, so I will hear something the week after I am guessing.

Our bonus’ from work are supposed to be paid at the end of November, so I am planning to tell them to shove it just before that happens to I can get it paid.  If I leave here before then I don’t get my bonus, and yes I know it may only be a small amount, it is still money for free so to speak.

I am going to have to work hard at finding a job once we are closer to that date.  But I don’t want to think of it just now!

I am going to buy a second hand treadmill as well, I have given myself 12 months to lose as much weight as possible.  My plan is to do 30 minutes of treaddie a night at bare minimum.  If I can do more than 30 mins I will.  Essentially, if we are watching TV – I am walking – that is my plan.  Before I jump onto the computer I do at least 30 minutes.

I have been going nuts with the photography, poor hubby hasn’t had a chance to use his camera very much – i keep stealing it….but I am really enjoying it.  Have been throwing the ones I think are good up on deviantart and getting slow but steady feedback about some of the shots…I am nowhere near as good as my friends or the people on deviantart – but we all started somewhere no?


I may look dumb….

I may be fat, and have unruly hair and be unfit, but don’t assume because of that I am dumb….

I am angry -yes I probably need to let my ego go, but well I am not going to, so perhaps I actually an dumb….

Paradox much? This is ruining my rant however, so back on track!!!

I got a phone call from the job offer today, if you can believe this they thought the salary we we’re talking was package and not base.

I am 99% sure I said to them it was my base… I do remember that happening…..I could be imagining it though, they thought this would be a payrise for me?!!?!??? Fucking laughable!

I do not want to work for this place when my salary is such a hard thing to get straight! I will stay with the c***s I work with now thanks!

Could see that coming

I am having a catch up with my team lesser about my request to match the salary being offered by another company and they are not going to do it.
He wants to catch up to tell me why and I really have no interest in whatever reasons they decide to throw forward.

Nothing could explain it away, they ate not interested on keeping me, so I don’t think I will stay. If I miss out on a redundancy it is not that big a deal. It is only a slight chance now they may be offered in April/may and I don’t think I can hang around here that long…

So I am just waiting for the offer to come in and then I think I will take my long service leave and walk. I am really ready for a new challenge and I think this will suffice until I get my certificate in small business management or marketing-still rising them up 🙂

Will update more after my catch up

Let my manager know

So I told my current manager about my potential new job, as I believe it is only fair to notify him this is on the table, and he was pretty happy for me, I haven’t been offered the job yet obviously, but meeting the team etc sounds pretty much like a shoe in…

In the end I asked if they would match the salary and asked him to speak to our GM, I looked him straight in the eye and said “I know we match salaries if they want to keep people, I may not be an underwriter, but I am your most experienced, and I am only asking for 5k, not 20k or 30k like some people have”  He advised that in our october reviews he was going to ask for us to have a payrise to 52k…thats it…

So I am currently torn. I know that waiting for Oct is stupid now as that payrise is not worth waiting for, the only thing still on the table which may come into play is being made redundant…which may not happen until April/May and in fact it may not happen at all, we are just guessing based on words that have been said.

I am starting a small business management course next month, which should only take me a year to complete, so that will improve my job prospects, but not sure if I should stay at my current employer whilst I do that…..

new job….so confused?

So I met with the team leader today to dicuss the role and I am so torn between just taking it or hanging around here?

The basic gist is:

– they will be paying 5k more (which is nothing overly exciting, however it is more than what I will be earning at my current employer for at least another 3 years in my current position)

– they are also coming to an agreement with regards to my hours – normal working hours are 8am until 5pm…due to my vline trains I can’t get to work at 8am..it’s either 7.30 or 8.30am…I also want to leave work at 4.30ish to catch my 5.00pm train home – they have said that once I am trained enough to be able to come in that early they will just advise everyone I have to leave early due to my train. *this is a massive bonus

– they are a small branch of a major company which means small team with chances for advancement and movement is lower than where I am, however in my current area I can’t go anywhere anyway.

– they are currently going through massive growth and have just recruited 4 people who have no idea about the industry at all, whereas I have been in the industry 10 years so i know more about it and its current situation

So basically I have to decide if I want to start all over again at this point in time.

I am torn as to what I want to do….I am tempted to hang around and see if I get made redundant, but what if an opportunity like this never comes up again, or what if I can get a better opportunity that is a step up rather than a step back?

After my interview with them they want me to come back in and meet a few people from the team and see how we get along etc, so I am pretty sure they will be offering me the job.

New job prospects?

I received an email yesterday for a position at a new company that has recently acquired 2 of our old people.  I sent an email back with my resume saying I would be interested in finding out more, I mean who wouldn’t right?  So they passed my resume onto the Team leader and voila I am meeting them tomorrow….

sadly, it is not a huge increase in pay NOR is it a step up in any way, in fact it is a minor step back if anything…I will find out more tomorrow :/